Lees Associates were retained by an existing client after we successfully completed their listed London home in Knightsbridge. We oversaw a substantial scope of works to their country home, a Grade II* listed Cotswold manor house dating back to 1555.
The house had evolved markedly over the centuries and it was clear that a rationalisation of the various disparate parts of the house was needed. Lees Associates liaised with the local conservation officer to negotiate planning and listed building consent for a substantial changes that included remodelling, refurbishment, extension, conservation and a completely new services installation.
An extension to the south wing was built (replacing an ugly 1950s collection of buildings) to provide a family entrance in keeping with the scale and grandeur of the house. The addition of a green oak glazed cloister was added to connect the new double-height family hall to the historic parts of the house, which were delicately and sensitively restored.
A biomass boiler was added, enabling the house to become carbon neutral by burning woodchips sourced from the annual yield of felled trees on its estate.
Lees Associates acted as architect, lead consultant and contract administrator. The interior decoration was by the client’s own specialist, New York’s Muriel Brandolini.
GIA: 12,000 sq.ft.