Purpose of the role: Support to the project team
Reporting to: Project Architect
Overview of the role: typically working as part of a project team under the direction of the Project Architect, assisting the team in the design and production of schemes.
Operational duties and responsibilities (across all RIBA Workstages):
- Drawing and sketching architectural and interior design solutions by hand
- Modelling schemes in BIM (ARCHICAD)
- Producing architectural drawings from the ARCHICAD model
- Producing schedules from the ARCHICAD model
- Document control of incoming third party material
- Document control of design information for external issue
- Producing 3D still and video visualisations in ARCHICAD
- Developing 2D technical details
- Researching appropriate products, materials etc
- Producing reports in InDesign
- Creating physical 3D models
- Participating in team meetings and design workshops
- Participating in internal CPD presentations
- Operating standard internal project management and administrative systems
- Providing general assistance in the office
- Complying with Health & Safety, Employment and Environmental Policies
- RIBA Part 1 exemption
- Committed to a career in architecture, with clear professional goals
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and committed
- Strong design awareness
- Aware in principle of responsibilities under RIBA and ARB Codes of Conduct
Competent and skilled at using:
- Mac OS
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe LightRoom
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Represents the practice professionally and competently
- Communicates well with clients and other collaborators, quickly establishing a strong rapport
- Develops growing business development skills, recognising the importance of these
- Recognises potential issues before they become a problem; communicates promptly with senior colleagues
- Helpful, reliable and friendly; approachable with a positive attitude; sensitive to others
- Co-operative and receptive to feedback
- Takes personal responsibility and is accountable for own actions
- Ensures no task is undertaken without first agreeing a 'SMART' brief.
- Manages day-to-day workload effectively
- Aware of the Pareto Principle and able to implement its lessons
- Organised and tidy; meets agreed deadlines
- Aware of the quality - cost - time triangle and able to adapt approach to suit
- Understands and is engaged with the practice's vision and contributes towards achieving its goals
- Proactively seeks new opportunities to expand personal and professional development and willingly shares new-found knowledge and skills with colleagues
If this position is of interest to you, please email your CV and portfolio to us (maximum attachment size 5Mb). We receive a large number of applications; as a consequence we will only look at applications received that answer the following questions:
1) Why do you want to come to work for Lees Associates?
2) In what position/role are seeking to join us?
3) What skills and personal attributes do you have that we can benefit from?
4) What are your career goals and how do you plan to accomplish them?
5) Tell us something interesting about yourself.
Only after we have received your replies to these questions will we open your CV and take your application to the next stage, which will normally be a short telephone interview.
Please send your application to email@example.com, with the subject line: “RECRUITMENT – FIVE QUESTIONS”.